Since 1982, Gavin has provided a broad range of geological, managerial, commercial and corporate services in all facets of base and precious metal exploration, project development and mining. He's participated at executive level in project management, start-up ventures, joint venture management, operations turnarounds, marketing and promotions, economic and due diligence studies.
SKILLS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Mergers and acquisitions
- Achieving significant increase in company value by key executive management participation in a management buyout of the company, recommissioning mining and processing operations and ramp up of ore production, and achieving better than forecast financial performance.
- Cost efficiently achieved significant increase in resource inventory by key participation in the implementation of a strategic project acquisition plan, undertaking prudent due diligence and negotiating commercially sound joint ventures and acquisitions both nationally and internationally.
Equity and debt funding
- Directly involved in three initial public offerings on the ASX; two compliance prospectuses, a management buy-out; three mergers and acquisitions; numerous capital (debt and/or equity) raisings; five company restructures and start-ups.
Joint venture negotiation & management
- Negotiated and established farm-in joint ventures in Australia, Indonesia, India, Namibia and East Africa including the legal, administrative and logistical support structures.
- Leading a team that successfully negotiated further development of a mining project being awarded “Significant Project Status” from the Queensland Department of State Development, Australia.
- Compilation of annual reports and quarterly activity reports (over twenty years) for more than eight different public companies.
- Qualify as a Competent Person as defined by the 2012 JORC Code, having at least five years relevant experience for a variety of commodities and deposit types as a Member of The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM).
Independent Technical Expert
- Compiled an Independent Technical Experts Report including mineral property valuations for Grant Thornton Corporate Finance Pty Ltd.
Marketing and promotion
- Developing, commercialising and selling software to global markets utilizing artificial intelligence technology for data integration and interpretation as a result of identifying shortcomings of publicly available products and identifying the potential of neural networks. Used by some of the world’s largest multi-national mining companies.
- Developed a marketing strategy and successfully implemented a start-up business that provides first-class digital drafting services in the resources and cartographic sectors by identifying shortcoming of publicly available services, identifying and resourcing the business with strategic software, hardware and personnel and successfully implementing marketing campaigns.
- Built and established a business specialising in target generation and prospectivity mapping for a wide range of national and international mining and exploration companies by undertaking general management and marketing of remotely-sensed image interpretation studies and associated digital cartographic services.
Coordinating, planning and organising
- Project Director of a multi-million dollar plant and infrastructure upgrade.
- Managing the schedules and rosters of approximately 230 personnel for a fly-in-fly-out operation.
Scheduling, budgeting and cost control
- Compiling and managing scheduling and costing exercises for capital raising activities and project development budgets using Microsoft Project resulting in a processing plant upgrade and other plant and equipment, infrastructure, exploration and development.
Strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking
- Compilation of business plan to develop modular intensive aquaculture project supported by a merchant banker and attracted interest of a large Australian business.
- Completed a post-graduate degree (MSc) over a 12 month period while working full-time by recognising a need for further qualifications and energetically applying myself.
Approachable, able to relate to diverse people
- Working experience with a variety of cultures including ethnic groups from southern, western and eastern Africa, India, Indonesia and South America.
Reliable, honest and responsible
- Compiling numerous independent geological assessment reports on base and precious metal and iron ore projects located in Australian, Peru, Venezuela, South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, Ghana, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda and Ethiopia, leading to a successful series of acquisitions, joint ventures or the outright purchase of the majority of the projects that have the potential for open pit or underground mining operations, depending on the outcome of the planned exploration and feasibility study results.
Economic evaluation studies
- Leading a bankable feasibility study resulting in a multi-million upgrade that more than doubled the mine and processing plant production including all permitting and licensing.
Data management, modelling and analysis
- Managed the consolidation, validation and verification of relational databases for numerous companies.
- Managed JORC compliant mineral resource estimation studies for base and precious metals for numerous projects and geological environments.
Intuitive and innovative solutions
- Data integration and interpretation using the power of neural networks.
Target generation studies
- Providing strategic geological enlightenment to enhance the value of numerous exploration projects through regional mapping using remote sensing imagery for a wide range of commodities across diverse geological environments, including: uranium in the Northern Territory and Queensland; hydrocarbons in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales, New Guinea, Indonesia and Myanmar; precious and base metals in Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, Indonesia, Peru, Chile and Colombia; iron, base metals and diamonds in Angola, coal in Indonesia and Mozambique.
- 2D and 3D illustrations, 3D modelling for resource estimation and illustrations, animation modelling.
- Compilation of presentation material for annual general meetings and broker briefings (over twenty year period) for more than six different public companies.
Web site creating and maintenance
- Site design, compilation, activation and maintenance over a five year period for five publicly listed companies.